Re: CD capacitor

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Cydesho-at-aol-dot-com>

I'm beginning to find from my various investigations into capacitors built
from readily available materials that many of them will not work because the
are too lossy (e.g., mica, glass, polycarbonate, PET, etc.)  Has anyone out
there compiled a list of materials that will serve as good dieletrics for
capacitors being used with Tesla coils? It seems that the number of materials
that are unsuitable for this use outnumber those that are suitable. Rather
than banging my head against the wall finding out what is not suitable I
would like to just know what will work. It would definitely be more
productive, and much better on the brain cells. If anyone out there could
tell me where to find a list of materials, it would be much appreciated.
                                    Justin