Re: very fine wire

Original poster: "Jason by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Hi Frank,

I have experimented with my mini test tube coil It is about 4" high and 0.6"
in diameter and it is wound with hair fine 42awg wire... I run about 150VA
through it and there are no problems whatsoever. However I would be cautious
and use an STR cap, and a well coupled secondary because racing arcs WILL
kill this fine wire. If you want to check out these coils before they had
been sealed check out
http://www.geocities-dot-com/teslamanuk/public_html/projects/bart_lisa/coils.jpg

Regards,
Jason