75 kVA pig

Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

I've found out some more pig details. The unit is actually a 75kVA 3
phase pig. It has a 415 LV side and an 11000 HV side. Unfortunately, to
make it useful for TC use I would have to wire two primaries in
parallel and two secondaries in series. If I only use one set of
windings with my 240v socket, I will only get 5500 or so volts at the
secondary. I don't know much about 3 phase transformers, but I do know
that the ability to set up the transformer in the above configuration
is dependent on whether the unit has a star or delta configuration. I
don't know as of yet, which configuration the unit has. I will find out
when I go to see it on Monday. Can someone explain to me exactly how
this works and how I would go about setting up this system.

Thanks,

Greg Peters
Department of Earth Sciences,
University of Queensland, Australia