Re: Removing MOT and Cap

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

I don't know how wise it would be to break open the magnetron unless you wear a
dust mask or respirator.  I don't know about micorwave oven magnetrons in
particular, but the ones used in an ICAP(inductively coupled argon plasma)
emission spectroscopy instrument are made with beryillium whose dust poses a
serious health hazard.  Just thought I'd mention this just in case microwave
ovens use the same material in their magnetrons.
Mike