Re: Printing Digital Camera pictures

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Clearspring1-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Paul,

I just bought the HP 140C (inkjet) a few weeks ago.  I have printed scans I
made from film camera prints (don't have my digital camera yet) and the
quality is fantastic, even on bond paper.  You really do think you are
looking at some sort of print until you get down to analyzing quite closely.
I never would have believed it until I saw the results.  BTW, in comparison
tests we got better prints on high-quality laser paper than high-quality
inkjet paper, strangely.  I won't waste the money on inkjet photo-quality
paper unless I really want to fool people.

You don't need to spend $700.  The HP 140C is $149.95 at Office Depot
(every-day price) and Staples has had it on sale for $99.95.  Inkjet quality
has made quantum leaps in the last year or so.  Some photo buffs prefer the
Epson printers -- the two companies are close in quality.  Epson does sell
some inkjet printers, though, that use archival-quality ink.  The
fade-resistance of these prints exceeds that of film prints.  I presume,
without knowing, that it is waterproof as well.

Hope the information helps some coilers.  If you want to pass photos around
at the office the next day, you can for sure.  The digital revolution is
amazing, I think.

Regards,

Michael Tandy