RE: Printing Digital Camera pictures

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

I don't know if you started with a suitably high resolution image, but
you do have to beware of your printer settings.  When I first got my HP
printer, I was disappointed with the results.  Weeks later I came to
discover that the printer quality was set to "draft".  Check that and
you may be surprised!

To add my voice to the chorus, I am in every way pleased with my Olympus
C3000 digital camera and HP952 Ink jet printer.  Being able to shoot
without regard to cost/frame and instantly know whether a shot came out
well is worth a lot.  Remarkably, the "automatic" exposure mode does
very well with spark photos, but I also think the Olympus' extensive
manual mode capabilities makes it stand out in terms of suitability for
coiling applications.  I share Sue's gripe about the lack of a useful
manual focusing ability though.

While my printer is rather slow in high-quality mode, the results are
truly photo-quality, and certainly faster than going to the drug store.
But like you said, just don't get it wet.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

>Original poster: "Paul Kidwell by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tmb-at-ieee-dot-org>
snip