RE: can solid state transformers handle powering a tesla coil?

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Bdsabds

Electronic transformers have high frequency outputs that make them
unsuitable for cap charging. Some may have a circuit that shuts down the
transformer if the current output becomes too high.

Heavy laser transformers are good when the frequency of the output is 50 or
60 Hz. For example I have a laser transformer with an output of 5000 volts,
225 mA. Unfortunately I lost its companion transformer and reactor to
another ebay bidder. Had I been able to get hold of both transformers and
reactor, I could have series phased them for a 10,000 volt, 225 mA supply in
combination with a reactor. I would not attempt to employ small laser
transformers.

Godfrey Loudner