Re: 15" coil project

Hi Brett,

I was talking about the 1/4" (3/8" or larger is typical). Given the quite
large number of turns on
the primary (say 20 or more), the volts/turn will be lower. I still
consider this experimental and
"builder beware" should apply as this coil design is not typical.

Ah, since everyone is talking about your coil comparison, I might as well.
These coils are not the
same and there is no practical method I'm aware of to compare them.
However, the fact you burned up
the smaller one should serve as another "builder beware" factor. Scot
should definately take your
comments into consideration.

Take care,
Bart
--
Barton B. Anderson
http://www.classictesla-dot-com

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Brett Miller by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <brmtesla-at-yahoo-dot-com>