Re: 15" coil project

Hi Greg,
         I cannot say that I am a great believer in computer programs
since they appear to be, for the most part, a more complex form of
calculator which adds little in the way of "design" (my sincere
apologies to those who consider their programs to be more than this).
I have written a few small utilities for calculating Cself etc. and
used a spreadsheet to demolish an old wirelength idea that was once
popular but beyond that do not expect to be writing anything else.
      Below I suggested a range of qualities desirable in a coil
which meets my personal coiling aims. To a degree it reads like a
simultaneous equation. I previously suggested specifying output
voltage and terminal energy which, together with a primary power
figure, gives the starting point for such a design.
      Personally, I get more enjoyment from developing an idea than
cranking out a rote design from a program.

Regards,
Malcolm