Re: What caused capacitor failure?

Original poster: "Brett Error by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bretterror-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Thank you for your help, it is most appreciated.  I actually have two more
questions:

>This filter is nice too :-)
>
>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTFilt.jpg

I discovered this filter just a few hours ago and was in the process of
trying to find any more information than just the schematic.

Do you have any more construction information available?  Particularly
regarding the construction of the safety gaps?

>gap LTR cap size of 18nF.  The larger cap will not ring up to high
>voltages.  I would also get a safety gap going to add further protection.
>
>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTStudy/NSTStudy.htm

You suggest a safety gap for additional protection.  Building the
aforementioned filter would not only provide the safety gap, but also offer
the NST some protection.  Is this correct, or did I miss something?

Thanks again for your help.

Brett