Re: 15" coil project

Hi Brett,

I agree with John's comments throughout. One thing to keep in mind is that
you will
be in uncharted waters. I don't know any coilers who have built a large
secondary
with high turns and small wire size. I myself retired a 12" pig coil the
past year
and built a smaller 8.5" coil using 1700 turns of 24awg. I haven't ran this
coil
yet. It's waiting for the trigger gap I'm buiding at the moment.

Regarding the primary: I think you'll be ok on the size considering the
number of
turns and the voltage distribution on those turns. As a matter of fact,
this might
be a good recipe for large coils as it will keep the primary somewhat compact.

Best of luck,
Bart

--
Barton B. Anderson