Re: How much output should my coil get?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Pyrotrons-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Jon and All.

(snip from Jon)
> It has 4 inch dia., 24 in height, 24 inch toroid (hope it works), and
> probably 12kV input. Caps will be from 6-12 beer bottles
>Thanks a lot- oh I dont need an exact number, just a range- I dont want
> anyone to calculate it for me :)
>Jon

I would/we would give you a general indication of what you might could
possibly get out of your coil (lol), provided you give me/us the following
information:

12kV at what current?
What kind of spark gap?
Wire gauge on secondary coil?