crystal oscillator

Original poster: "teri mckenney by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mck-at-ezy-dot-net>

Hello all,
I had a quick conversation with an old timer the other day.(He built a TC
"maybe 50 years ago".He was pretty concerned with the coil interfering with the
neighbors reception etc.Anyway, he said to wind it to an industrial frequency
and use a crystal oscillator with a clean class AB linear power amp to drive
it.Could someone explain this setup to me? I think I read once that the amps
were inefficient for this use.
Thanks
Billy Mck.