From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 12:38 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Triggered Gap & NST

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

This has been asked before, but I'd like some definitive verification:
Can a triggered spark gap, such as described in Ted Rosenbergs PDF
article, be used with an NST power supply?  I'm thinking of the problem
NST's have with rotary gaps - that the rotary gap should be synchronous
AND in correct phase.  I'm assuming the TSG is always synchronous, and
that the dimmer can be used to adjust the phase.  Correct?  Yet I've
read that they're not suitable for NST use (I'm using three - going on
four - 15/60's).

	Thanks,
	Bill Vanyo