Re: Urgent point of inquiry re: wiring conventions.

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 10/14/01 1:52 PM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
> Tesla list wrote:
>>
>> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <couturejh-at-telocity-dot-com>
>>
>> Matt, All -
>>
>> The color coding for Tesla coil wiring has been mentioned before but I do
>> not believe that the following questions have been clarified.
>>
>> 1. What are the different functions of the green ground wire and the white
>> neutral wire when used with Tesla coils?
>>
>> 2. Which color should be used for the primary ground wire and the secondary
>> ground wire?
>>
>> 3. Where should the green wire and the white wire be connected together?
>>
>> 4. What are the safety concerns in using two separate wires that are
>> grounded?
>>
>> John Couture
>
> Seems fine to me to use color conventions in the power line wiring, but
> don't think it adds any safety in the coils.  They are potentially
> lethal devices, and any reliance on color codes could easily result in
> disaster!
>
> Ed

THE GREEN SHOULD BE TO EARTH OR RF GROUND TO AVOID high voltage being sent
into your house power circuits,
 Unless you like replacing sensitive appliances like your computer .
       Robert H