Re: Bleeder resistors

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Vince,

The time it will take for each cap to discharge is related to the product
of the R and C (called appropriately enough, the RC time constant). For
your values, RC = 0.15 seconds, and the capacitors will be fully discharged
in about 5*RC or about 0.75 Seconds.

Good luck on your MMC!

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Vince D'Amore by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vincedamore-at-earthlink-dot-net>