Re: Primary diameters, double primary

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

> Hi All,
>
> When I was using the java TC program, it indicated that a flat secondary of
> 12 turns with an inner diameter of 8", made of 1/4 tubing spaced .3 of an
> inch apart would make a secondary around 21" in diameter. I accepted it
> without thinking about it. When I went to lay out the support pieces, I
> realized that 21" is the space required for the turns, NOT the diameter. So
> to make the primary indicated above would be just about 48".  I just don't
> have the room to store a 4'x4' stand for it.
>
> So, a double layered primary? Any other options? I seriously CAN'T have a
> 4'x4' primary, I live in a tiny cabin in the middle of the woods and my shed
> is STUFFED!
>
> Thanks all!
>
> Jonathan Peakall

Hi Johnathan....

rethink the math....  21" dia = 12turns -at- .25" tubing -at- .3" space with an
8" center hole ... sounds
like radius got in there some how....

example...

8" + (2X ((12X.25)+(12X .3)) = 21.2 "