Re: tube coils

Tesla list wrote:

<FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>

> In a message dated 10/10/01 10:44:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Greg,

> I don't know much about x-ray equip, but my guess is that most
> of those are rectifier tubes, which are not useful for tube coils.

	Concur.
	Might be X Ray tubes themselves, or the HV rectifiers.
	Neither real useful for usual coiling activities.
	(Someone may debate the use of the HC rectifiers...)

	While the 100kvish transformers seem tempting, reports
	indicate that spark gaps need top be largely reinvented.
	Much careful work & time over 110 years have yielded
	good approaches for the 15/20 KV range.  For 100KV, the
	spark gap would need reinventing/reoptimizing.

	I suspect such a coil would be interesting, but a lot
	of cut and try....

	best
	dwp