Re: Ball Lightning

Original poster: "Mike Nolley by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <nolleym-at-willamette.edu>

> Ihave no input on the subject, but I would like to experiment in the subject
> if anyone has any useful information on ball lightning generation..
>      Robert H.
> "R Heidlebaugh" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

    There are a variety of sources on ball lightning generation, from the
most generic to the most
esoteric.  The generic efforts (microwave oven experiments and carbon,
etc.) have the advantage of being
widely reproduced and reproducible, but may not represent the same
phenomena as found in nature.  The more
esoteric efforts, generally to be found on Keelynet and the "fringe
science" sites have the advantage of
being exciting and (in Koloc's case) sophisticated, but the disadvantage of
being, simply, unproven and
difficult to reproduce.
    For anyone interested in BL generation, the apparatus Koloc uses to
generate ball lightning is not too
sophisticated for the talented amateur, and probably can be reproduced, but
his methods are heavily
protected by patents.  Any efforts to reproduce his experiments using his
methods may be under the
jurisdiction of patent law and/or his approval.  He is highly concerned
about safety issues
(understandably) and is unwilling to grant patent licenses to amateurs.
However, for those of you
interested in the methods for theoretical purposes, a full description of
the various devices he has used
can be found at his website, www.plasmak-dot-com and www.prometheus2-dot-net
(corrected).
The link to the full description of the most recent incarnation of the
device can be found at
http://www.prometheus2-dot-net/PCTApp.pdf   Remember, this is unproven,
"budding" science, and so deserves
somewhat different treatment than a Tesla coil.  There are no amateurs as
far as I know who have been
successful at creating ball lightning reliably.  Whether or not Koloc is
"fringe" science in the domain of
free energy etc. is up to whoever is reading the material--but it is my
opinion that it shouldn't simply
be written off.
    This is probably as far as I can stretch this thread, since it is off
topic.  Please direct any
further inquiries to me at nolleym-at-willamette.edu