Video Alert (two) Re: frank and other monsters

Argggh

Fergot to Post:
	1930's Bride of Frankenstein is on AMC, tonight, Tuesday.
	8:00 PM.
	Sorry fer the short notice.
	Check for repeats, local listings.
	LIKELY One sometime tonight, around midnight?

	(AMC is striping in Monster Movies thru October...
	Keep Watching....)

Tomorrow, Wed, History Channel, 8:00 (?)
	Dangerous Jobs
		Electric Linemen...

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Tim Flood by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tflood-at-stllabs-dot-com>

> While we're on the subject, in the early movie version there is a device
> mounted on the lab wall that appears to be some type of rotary spark gap.
> When the device is swtched off and `coasting down' there is quite a bit of
> audible bearing noise or some sort of mechanical intereference causing a
> grating sound.

> Any ideas what this device actually is and how it might be built?

	A prop?
	With sound effects?

	I would shift the Jacobs Ladder to the 'conventional switch
	gear' list:
	Its just a set of permanently powered arcing horns, as found
	on all manner of electrical transmission/distribution
	equipment...

	best
	dwp