Re: School demo

The chicken wire thing works great for an RF ground. It's close to the
coil, low impedance connection, etc.  You should ALSO ground it to the
green wire ground for safety (in case, for instance, you get a short to the
RF ground from the HV secondary or the line voltage.  That ground
connection could be fairly high impedance (like, it could go through a
choke, if you are worried about feeding RF back into the building wiring).