Re: bulk buy of super caps? [update]

Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <presence-at-churchofinformationwarfare-dot-org>

Greetings.

Some while ago I asked if anybody was interested in a bulk buy of commercial
rf pulse caps of around 0.05uF and about 17kVAC for duty cycles to 1000PPS
at upto 200kHz for multiple kW sized coils. The opinion was for the most
part negative as the robot people repeated "commercial caps don't work and
if they do they cost too much".

After working with with about 6 manufacturers, I felt comfortable with two.
Both can offer a product to handle 10,000A peak, 50A RMS at over 500PPS.
Pricing looks to be around $375 per cap. Pricing under $300 is realistic
with a purchase of about 25 units.

I've ordered one cap of a design similar to the above under a product
development schedule for testing. I'll keep the list posted with how that
goes.

KEN