Re: Current regulation for Variac

Original poster: "Skip Malley by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <skipmalley-at-catskill-dot-net>

Maybe I am silly but why not change the fuse to a larger slow blow
fuse.  10A is certainly small for 3.5KVA.  Try 15A slow blow.  The larger
the fuse, the slower it will blow.  If you really want a 10A fuse, try a
smaller variac.  The larger the inductor, the larger the initial turn on