pig reconditioning

Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

Hello all,

Below is an email from the "pole pig company" for those of you who
wanted to know what "reconditioning" involves. The advantage of one of
these reconditioned units is they can be returned if they fail. The "as
is" ones can not.

I will place a photo of the pig I am looking at at
www.geocities-dot-com/gregjpeters. Give me some time to put it there.

Here is the email:

Hi Greg,

Reconditioning a small unit like this does only consist of replacing all
gaskets - and bushings if they happen to be chipped or damaged,
filtering oil, checking core & windings to be sure unit is serviceable
and all leads are connected, plus return to service tests and
repainting. Without this we offer no warranty and accept no returns, so
you are taking a small risk this way - a megger test does not alway
show all faults in the transformer as I'm sure you are aware.
Units are certified PCB free to the limits of detection (limit of
detection is 2ppm).

Regards,

Leanne Fonteneau

Cheers,