NST outer layers, was Re: chokes

Original poster: "Jon Tebbs by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jgtebbs-at-eos-dot-net>

Hi Ed, List,

I can provide first hand confirmation from two depotted NSTs that died
from excessive static gap width in the early 1990's. The voltage
distribution certainly seems to be concentrated in the outer layers. In
both of these cases the burned spot on the secondaries was about one
third in from the outside layer, on the side and had arced to the core.

Anyone else have a similar observation?
--
Jon G. Tebbs
<jgtebbs-at-eos-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

snip--