Re: chokes

Hi,

The paper at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/rlcfilter/rlcfilter.html

touches on this subject.  Also computer models could be used for such an
analysis:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/Programs.htm

Microsim and the premade models are ready to go there...  I have tried a number
of choke configurations and the real problem is the coil acts like a stored
energy element and getting rid of that energy is the problem.  Chokes really
like to ring in filter circuits and I never could find a good way to use them.
Also remember that with the secondary winding inductance already being in the
thousands of Henries, a few more Heneries just does not matter.  All the high
frequency voltages still get absorbed in the outer few windings of the
secondary.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/Filter.jpg

May also be of interest.  Anyone who wants to try other configurations or ideas
can do so for the price of heating up a CPU :-)

Cheers,

        Terry