Triggered Gap How-To?

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

I'm thinking of building a triggered gap, but I don't really know how it
works or if it's within the scope of my skills.  I did manage to build a
decent coil over the last year (copper tube static gap, 6 1/2" by 27"
secondary, 0.06 maxwell (now blown, waiting for my geek group CD caps),
three 15/60 NST's with protection circuit, line filters, etc..).  It
worked pretty well until I blew the maxwell cap.

Does anyone have plans that a relative amateur could follow?  I.e., a
list of readily available stock parts and schematic for putting them
together?  Or should I just plan on a sync rotary gap for my next
project?

	- Bill V.