From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 9:25 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: chokes

Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

Thank you all for your individual input on chokes. However, this has
served to confuse me even more. Some of you are using a few turns on a
3/4" air core. Some of you are saying not to use an RF choke at all,
and yet more are saying to use many turns on a ferrite core. All the
repliers have claimed that their particular system has worked very well
for them. This is all really confusing. I would very much like to hear
what people like Richard Hull and Quick have to say on this matter if
they are still out there.

Richard Quick used to use 18 turns on a 2" ferrite core. However, this
is exactly what I was using when my neon died, so I am a bit skeptical
of it. Conversely, I ran my coil successfully for months without any
chokes at all! help!!!!!!

Greg.