Re: math woes on skin depth formula

Original poster: "J.R. Galen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jrgalen-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Thanks everyone that responded to help me out!  I'm going to see what I can
do with your information and if I can manage to successfully work the
formula through for varying frequencies.

for
skindepth = SQRT(2*resistivity) / SQRT(2*pi*freq*my)

I take the square root of the resistivity * 2 (say I want to use a
resistivity of 70 ohm-meters) =11.83

and divide it by the square root of (2* the diameter (using 8 cm here) *
frequency (using 100,00Hz) * my (using 1, since that's close enough)

= .00093591 skin depth units (centimeters)

am I close???

renee
:)