Re: Bart's Coil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 11/29/01 12:21:11 PM Central Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Malcolm -
>
> Isn't the two side frequencies test only for critical coupling when the Qs
> are related to coupling? My handbooks are not available at present so I
>  cannot look this up.
>
>         Kc = 1/sqrt(QpQs)
>
>  John Couture

Malcolm and John,

The discussion is interesting from the back of the classroom, and that is
probably where I
should remain.

The sidetones produced by over coupling are being produced in a test
situation using
a signal generator. But in a disruptive coil I don't think you will find the
sidetones because
the energy is not a sine wave. Nor will there be sidetones after the gap has
fired because
the coupled energy is not coherent like a sine wave.

I'm afraid I have not been too coherent either.

cheers,
Ralph Zekelman