Re: Bart's Coil

Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

Malcolm wrote:
> Would you mind re-stating the last paragraph please? I'm not sure
> exactly what it is you're asking. Is one frequency quoted with the
> secondary shorted end-end?

Seconded.  In addition: for the o/c measurement, is the sec base
grounded, or is the whole sec floating?  Is the primary cap in
place?  I assume the two frequencies

   Fo = 68.493 kHz (7.2 sq. -at- 2us/div)
   Fs = 69.444 kHz (7.3 sq. -at- 2us/div)

are the resonant frequencies of the primary circuit.  This sounds
like a reasonable method providing sufficient C is added across
the primary L so that the resulting primary Fres is well below the
secondary Fres.  Otherwise the secondary resonance will interfere.

--
Paul Nicholson
Manchester, UK.