shipment of goodies (variac Qs)

Original poster: "Alex Madsen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alexmadsen-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I just got a shipment of goodies (lab surplus (Very Old Stuff)) from a
friend. I got some interesting HV transformers, 2000w dimmers, variacs and 4
caps(7.5v 240000uf) and other stuff .

1.)One of the variac is a 2000w 16.7a  0-120v luxtrol light control.
a) Is there a way to make it a 0-140v so I can over voltage may transformer?
Where and how can this be accomplished? I would think this can be
accomplished by removing some of the variac’s primary.  I did not have time
to open it up and figure out exactly how a variac it works (I know it is a
variable tap point but that is it) and I cant find any schematics for a
variac.
b) What is the risk to run NST 15/60 at 140v.
2) I also go a 3.3kv 350ma  # P-20 A  by TAIAO Transformer Co.. Does anybody
know what I can do with this? Would a TC work? I have seen coils that
operate at this voltage but not such current. How much abuse can it take?

Alex Madsen
http://www.geocities-dot-com/alexmadsen
PS It is nice that some of you like to criticize my grammar and spelling.
However, I dyslexic, so it is a lost cause. I would just like to point out
that this is a technical forum and not and English class. I also don’t need
to here that to succeed I need to be abele to writ well. First of all am
made it into one of the engineering schools in the country and second of all
I can write will if some one proof reeds for me.
OK enough ranting.