RE: Bart's Coil

Hi John,

On 28 Nov 2001, at 10:49, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

> Malcolm -
>
> The 68.493 KHz (Fo) is with the secondary without a toroid and not shorted.
> The 114.56 KHz (Fr) is also with the secondary without the toroid. In other
> words the secondary coil is the same for both frequencies but the
> frequencies are different.

Am I right in understanding that one frequency is the test frequency
and the other is the natural resonant frequency of the coil? If so,
isn't the test frequency arbitrarily chosen? If that is true, why
should there be a relationship between them? Sorry for *my*
confusion. I obviously haven't been following this closely enough.

Regards,
malcolm