Re: Glass loss question

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pagaiard-at-geocities-dot-com>

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 07:53:49 -0700, you wrote:

>I am glad to see something about glass capacitors with inteligence. Glass
>and mica have been the best capacitors we could get in the past. We expected
>them to last 60 years or more.

indeed that was really interesting.

In've heard that fused silica (SiO2) capacitors will retain the charge
for a very long time.
How about their dissipation factor?

I suppose such a capacitor would last for a very long time at high
powers.