Re: MMC voltage ratings

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

I believe I used a factor of 1.5x resonant for static gaps.  It was an
"average" number I gathered from TCML postings.

We agree completely with John's comments below, and is the primary reason
why The Geek Group prefers LTR sized caps.  Also, and MMC may be cheaper,
as it may
require fewer caps in a few cases.  The exception is for a pig-driven coil,
as there has been little "in-house" experience with them, and also because
very few people have
run LTR pig coils due to the enormous cost of an MMC (prior to our offering
MMC caps for darn-near free!).

Mark Broker
The Geek Group's Chief Engineer