Re: Fustrated medium coiler

Hi Pjj,

I would go to just one MOT for the time being till you get it sort of going.
Then you can add more power and all.

The microwave cap is far too high of value to be of any use at all.

Your salt water caps should be fine although they could be better.

You need to "tune" the primary and secondary coils to resonant at the same
frequency.  You can very the tuning of the primary by experimenting with where
the primary is tapped at.  By altering the number of active turns in the
primary, you will change the primary frequency until it matches the secondary
(you will know when it is right ;-)).

When the cap dicharges into the primary coil at the right frequency, the
secondary will pick up the energy and transform it to the very high voltage and
make streamers.  You may want to check out:

http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~electronxlc/howworks.html
http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~electronxlc/tccalc.html

Cheers,

        Terry