Re: Bart's Coil (was How many STSG's in service?)

Hi John,

I measured Mutual Inductance this morning as requested. 11.04A on primary and
measured 2.72V across secondary. I did this a few times to ensure accuracy.
Values remained constant. Now, all this depends on measured inductances for
true accuracy, but I don't have an LCR handy (I know, shame on me).

Here is a comparison with ACMI, JavaTC, and JHCTES.

                    Mu           K          Ls             Lp
ACMI        628.9     0.1586    121.8        128.98
JavaTC      653.5     0.1665    121.33      126.9
JHCTES    653.5     0.1686    121.23      123.88

Note: JHCTES Mu above is calc'd by me from JHCTES Ls and Lp outputs, same as
with JavaTC's Ls and Lp outputs. ACMI Mu and K are pure program outputs. If I
were to use ACMI's Ls and Lp outputs and run calc's based on my measurements,
then Mu would be 653.52 and K would be 0.1649.

When I ran JHCTES 3.3 today, it asks for Sec. above Pri. In my case, the
secondary is "below" the primary, so the input should be (-1.25). JHCTES
defaults to zero (or appears to based on outputs).

So, with all that said, I'd say K falls somewhere between 0.159 and 0.169.
Really have to LCR it, to narrow it down.
--
Barton B. Anderson
<http://www.classictesla-dot-com>http://www.classictesla-dot-com