Re: My Primary Coil disaster

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Patrick,

Been there, done that, my sincere sympathies...

First off, are you using refrigeration tubing? This is
important, as Cu tube comes in different varieties of
hardness, thickness, cost, etc. Refrigeration tubing
is thinner, softer, cheaper, and easier to work with.
A 50' spool of the 1/4 OD stuff is only about $18 at a
home store such as Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.

Second, you need a scheme wherein you can simply lay
the tubing on top of the supports somehow. The tube
already comes coiled--you need a way to just transfer
that coil to your supports. This might entail notched
supports, or something even simpler. Visit my site to
see the world's simplest primary scheme--the hideous
yet highly practical cable tie system.

Salvage your old primary? Probably not. Cu tube gets
harder and more brittle as it is bent, flexed,
twisted. etc. It will snap with repeated bending.
Sorry.

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg