Kinky streamers ;)

Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Hi all,

Does anyone have any way to make the streamers less kinky on my coil??? I
want smoother writhing streamers as opposed to the spiky ones. I am running:

10/85 neon with 20nF of caps (near resonant)
200 break rotary at 45 and 135 degrees, spacing 0.5mm
4' by 20' winding, with a 12nF topload, and some stiff steel wire as a
breakout point.

It is coupled very tightly, and tuned to within half a turns accuracy.

Best regards,
Jason