Re: Funky Topload Ideas

Original poster: "Stolz, Mark by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mark.Stolz-at-ST-Systems-dot-com>

>Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> >Remove the petrol tank and carburettor etc. first :)
>
>yup, though the faraday-cage effect *should* shield it.

It probably would from what I've seen.  My friend Justin Hays and I used a
can of highly volatile quick dry lacquer as a spacer between the secondary
and the topload on my 2.5" before I fried it.  4kVA through it and no
explosion.

Mark Stolz
G-2 #1049
Houston, TX