New Ground for me Coil

Original poster: "G by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bog-at-cinci.rr-dot-com>

Hello All,

Happy Thanksgiving to the USA folks.

Today I changed my coil ground from the house cold water pipe to an
isolated 1.5" copper pipe driven 4 feet into wet ground. Distance of
the wire is about the same, perhaps shorter. Now my coil is full of
racing sparks.

Should I take this as a sign that my output voltage has increased?

Also, the streamers changed their appearance from random and jerky to
smooth and writhing (I can see the banjo effect well now).
Interesting stuff.

Maybe this will cure the neighbors of their tv static. :) I believe I
was grounded to the building electrical bus before.

Happy day,
Gregory