Re: X Rays

Original poster: "Alexander Rice by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ajjrice-at-yahoo-dot-com>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2001 7:18 PM
Subject: X Rays

> Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<davep-at-quik-dot-com>

> Tesla list wrote:
>
> > Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>
>
> > FWIW, I have a rather standard Victoreen GM counter and it only detects
> > Alpha, Beta and Gamma radiation. I'm not sure if X-rays fall into any of
> > those major categories.
>
> Gammas are slightly harder than X Rays.
> Alphas and Betas are particles.

X rays and Gamma rays are both exactly the same
X-rays are emitted when a high energy electron are stopped suddenly, gamma
rays are the result of nuclear interaction causing electrons to jum a lot of
shells at once. Both are high energy photons and a 20Mev photon say coul be
either, it is simply the way they are produced that is different. Both are
nasty, so dont leave that big unidentefiable vacuum tube enrgised under the
bed just to make the luminous stars on the ceiling light up!

stay safe
alex