PFC current load

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

Hi All,

Finishing up the PSU controller for my new coil. I want to be able to turn the
PFC caps on and off during operation, and since I will run two different coils
with two different NST on this PSU, I want to be able to change the value of
the PFC caps. So my question is this: How much current runs through the PFC
caps?  The switches I have are all around 3-5 amps, so should I run it through
a relay?

Thanks all,

Jonarthan Peakall