X Rays

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

> FWIW, I have a rather standard Victoreen GM counter and it only detects
> Alpha, Beta and Gamma radiation. I'm not sure if X-rays fall into any of
> those major categories.

	Gammas are slightly harder than X Rays.
	Alphas and Betas are particles.

> I did use it to test for radiation from thoriated tungsten. Found
> none measurable. Hmm...might take it to the dentist the next
> time we have an encounter.

> Safety First

> Ted

	Which the tube?
	The GM tube?
	An X Ray tube?

>> located three inches beyond the maxstreamer length with output
>> ~ 380 kV, nor from the spark gap at a distance of 4 inches.
>>(-at-15KV rms.)

	In general X Rays are not produced in air, more or less
	requiring HV (15KV and up), to accelerate electrons,
	in a vacuum, to strike a target.  Once Generated, the X Rays
	travel thru air quite readily...

	best
	dwp