From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 1:39 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: G10 -vs- Lexan and SRSG questions

Original poster: "Kent Vander Velden by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <graphix-at-iastate.edu>

  A recent message has made me reconsider if Lexan is a good choice for
a SRSG rotor.  After making the protective shield from 1/2" Lexan I
will have a section left over that could be used to make a 6" rotor.
Is it likely the Lexan will fail when used as a rotor and I should
instead use 1/2" G10?  Also, why do so many people use such large rotors
(12" or so)?  I have a 1/2HP motor which will likely be overkill for a
6" rotor.  Is there a reason to have a larger rotor?  Is G10 as easy to
machine (e.g. turn in a lathe to true up the disk) as Lexan?  I will
be using parallel 15KV NSTs.

  Thanks.

---
Kent Vander Velden