Re: What to do with spool while winding?

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 11/12/01 11:44 AM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> Original poster: "Patrick Bloofon by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <transactoid-at-home-dot-com>
>
> This is kind of a strange question. When winding the secondary, what exactly
> does one do with the spool? With most sites I've seen that have winding
> details, the person just has the spool on an axle so they can draw the wire
> off. I don't see how this is possible. There's no way I can pull my 10 pound
> spool without snapping the wire...and if I feed some slack off the spool, it
> just gets all twisted up!
>
> Could someone please enlighten me as to how you do it? Am I just way
> overcomplicating matters? :)
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick

I put my wire spool on the floor 3 ft or more below and pull the wire off
the end. Yes it can twist, but as long as it dosent get kinked that's no
problem, I keep the wire tight on the coil with my finger nail guide.
   Robert  H