Re: oil and silicone

Original poster: "G by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bog-at-cinci.rr-dot-com>

Hello Chris,

I believe you will find 'Goop' and Elmer's ProBond will adhere to the
plastic (low-density polyethylene) of your container. Goop is a
miracle-adhesive for plastics. If memory serves, Probond is a
polyurethane resin that cures on contact with atmospheric moisture (I
have not tried it on ldpe though). Goop has toluene so I am not sure
of its method...

I am using Goop extensively for my hv isolation standoffs (ldpe from
a 55-gal barrel).

One tip: make sure to clean the plastic with a de-greasing solvent if
it has been exposed to oil.

good luck!
Gregory