Re: HELP!

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi.

>    I know this sounds like a very vague question, but why isn't my coil
> working?

You did 'something' wrong.   sorry lol

I know there is no lose connections, the SG is firing just fine,

> but I get zero actual output. I have one guess and that is I grounded it
> incorrectly.

I doubt that.   I have coils ungrounded and still got some output, just not
very good.

I have never actually had this one running before, so I don't

> have anything to go by. I had set it a few INCHES from a grounded pole. The
> 1st or 2nd time I fired it up I thought that it was just horribly tuned with
> the coffee can I was using for a topload, so I tried to guess where the clip
> should go to be tuned with such a poo-poo topload.
>
> My question sounds stupid, but any ideas help!

Ok...let's get down to business...First you gotta tell us the details of your
coils else nothing anyone can say will be more than a guess.

Ignoring coupling for the time...can you spell out
1)  secondary diameter, winding length, and wire size.
2)   Primary cap size...no. of beer bottles, if that's what you are using
3). primary inner diameter, tubing or wire thickness, and spacing.
4) toroid dimensions

If you give me this much info.  I can tell you what's wrong.

Mike