Re: TSG with DC?

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Steve,

Use a charging reactor and diode in series going to your tank circuit and
gap. Because you are resonantly charging, the tank capacitor gets
re-charged by a smooth sinusoidal voltage instead of an exponential and the
series inductor limits the charging current. Both dramatically reduce the
incidence of gap reignition and power arcing as long as you use a suitably
sized charging inductor.

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "S & J Young by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<youngs-at-konnections-dot-net>