I'm going to need help with a 34kV power supply

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jduva-at-baytechnologies-dot-net>

Greetings, all!  :)
   A while back, I got my hands on a 34kV 120ma pulsed DC power supply from
a laser assembly.  To date, I've only ever used it in a jacob's ladder and
it was able to span a 7" gap pretty easily.
   That said, I'm now itching to use that pretty gold box to power a larger
tesla coil.  I realize that the extremely high voltage from this power
supply is going to cause some major design problems with the primary
circuit.  I have enough pulse caps to hold off 140kV and give me 7.5nf.  The
caps will obviously have to be immersed in oil, the connections and wiring
between all of the components will all have to be heavily insulated and
probably coated with an insulator to keep corona losses down, but I'm not
sure about the construction of the primary coil.  I'll most likely use 3/8"
copper tubing, but how far apart should the turns be spaced?.
   The spark gap is another problem.  I'd like to use an async rotary with a
good bit of radial velocity (3450rpm, instead of 1725rpm), but what would be
good to use for the stationary electrodes so that they won't glow with
corona and ionize the air around the gap excessively?  Would a nice fan take
care of that, or should something like a small doorknob be used?
   If I go with a static gap, I worry about corona losses at the edges of
the copper pipes, if copper pipes are the best choice for this gap.
   How do you feel about a triggered gap?  The trigger electrode would have
to be powered with a significant amount of voltage, given that that tank
circuit will be powered with a 34kV power supply.
   Any advice on how to properly design and build such a high-voltage beast
would be greatly appreciated.  I won't mind comments about safety, either,
as I don't want to miss any issues on safety just because I hadn't
remembered them at the time.

Thanks,
Joe Duva